My Story
Even me, a happy out going person has had thoughts of suicide at one point of my life, then again 1 out of 23 teens want to commit suicide, so I'm not that out in left field. I made it through these thoughts thanks to my friends that reminded me that I wasn't just loved, but that I could better the world so no one would feel like this (actually I just added that last part because that's how I see it now).
As Seen in Movies
Prayers for Bobby is the movie that will make you cry five times, but yet you still want to watch it again. It deals with the suicide and how this one simple action caused his mother to change not only her families views on homosexuality, but also her community's.
The Silent Truth is a short film that deals with a kid attempting suicide because of the way his mom first reacted to her son being gay. This short films ends with a happy ending, but it really made me think why our society doesn't yet accept love to be love. Is it because they are scared of change? or the fact that they don't want people to be happy?
Who to Blame?
Honestly, I never thought about who to blame for these thoughts, but if you start to think about it there is no one to blame but yourself. We can't blame everything on our parents nor the society; we have to accept the blame for our actions and thoughts. Why blame our self and how to change our thoughts:
1) We allow people to bother us. Stop worrying about what others think and live your life.
2) You aren't as alone as you feel. There are many organizations that can help you get through this part of your life like the Trevor Project.
3) Your life isn't over, no matter what is happening right then and there. Sure the thing that is happening could feel like the end of the world, I know for me it felt like that, but I promise your life has more to offer than those bad moments.
Remember to smile, be happy, be free, and live your life.
Very personal and emotional post. I like how you incorporated the movies into how it shaped your thinking on suicide. The links are good. If you use this for a major grade, please look over it and proofread for fragments and grammar errors.
ReplyDelete